Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Yet Another Ingredient List

Ingredient list on a bacon and egg sandwich
found in a gas station: Bacon, fried egg
...and then at the end in bold: "Note: May contain eggs."

1/4 pound hamburger
It's a "1/4 pound burger with cheese".

The label says this 1/4 pound burger is 170 grams. For those of you who use imperial, instead of metric, that's 6 ounces -- or 3/8 of a pound. I'm not complaining, but now I want to know where the extra 1/8 of a pound is coming from. Ever put together a bookshelf and you have an extra screw or nail when you're done? Then you slowly look up at that 4-level bookshelf waiting for it to topple over because of that one screw?

That's how I feel about this burger.

Turkey sandwich: Turkey, mustard and twisted bread

Now, granted, the bread was in a braid. But I've never seen someone go to that extreme. Had it been just regular bread, would they have called it "flat bread"? Or perhaps they meant it's twisted in another way?

Now that I think about it, when I opened the package, I heard a maniacal laugh come out from underneath the turkey. Hmmmmm....

No comments: