Thursday, January 10, 2008

Shampoo Shopping

So I went shopping for shampoo the other day. I'm a guy, so shampoo shopping should be a simple exercise -- sort of like buying underwear. As far as I'm concerned, there's one type of shampoo: the type that cleans your hair.

I knew I was in trouble when I reached the shampoo *aisle*. Not a shelf, not a small section with a few different brands, but an entire aisle dedicated to different types of shampoo.

There was shampoo for people with dry hair, with wet hair, straight hair, curly hair, people who WANT to have straight hair, people who WANT to have straight hair but their stupid hairdresser screwed it up and now they have a bad perm...

As a guy, I just want something that cleans my hair. So I began reading labels looking for something that just mentioned cleaning hair. The closest I got was a shampoo labelled as "Classic Clean" which I can only imagine is similar to Classic Coke. Is there a New Clean?

I ultimately bought the Classic Clean shampoo and I only hope I don't need to buy a conditioner. Classic Conditioner? Lets hope so.

No comments: